Types of Providers

Two types of providers exist:

  • An independent provider is a self-employed person that works with people with developmental disabilities on a personal level.
  • An agency provider is an organization that employs professionals to provide direct services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
Many options are available to individuals and organizations interested in becoming certified providers to individuals with developmental disabilities.  The most common services include:

  • Homemaker Personal Care
  • Homemaker Personal Care Transportation 
  • Non-Medical Transportation
  • Adult Foster Care/Shared Living
  • Adult Family Living
  • Day Services
  • Supported Employment
  • Environmental Modifications
  • Adaptive and Assistive Equipment
Questions about how to become a provider can be directed to Marci Slifko, Residential Compliance Manager, at (937) 457-2816 or email.