Mental Health Resources
This page contains information to help you find and connect with mental health resources and supports from your phone, tablet or computer.
- Miami Valley Warmline: Provides free and confidential mental and behavioral health/peer support services. Call 937-528-7777.
- Samaritan CrisisCare: 937-224-4646
- Ohio Department of Mental Heath & Addiction Services Help Line: 1-877-275-6364. Available 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Ohio Crisis Text Line: Text the word "4HOPE" to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor within 5 minutes.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or 1-800-846-8517 (TTY), or text "TalkWithUs" to 66746 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty: https://bit.ly/2R3UFJh
- 10 relaxation techniques that zap stress fast: https://wb.md/2UKruMz
- Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19: https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/health-crisis-resources/helping-children-cope-with-changes-resulting-from-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR04tSqJO71gZZDlnlXivWFF7-oMFpU6bbFdQAoRgzD2Wzx8xWyt13pgc9w
- Coronavirus and Parenting: What You Need to Know Now: https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/814615866/coronavirus-and-parenting-what-you-need-to-know-now?fbclid=IwAR09hHaXUjqs1-kiRF6duVwxwC6Oh1gKufwvJkE2-f-QQQioFBPh2LFYxAQ
- Soothing Background Noise: Sometimes having comforting background noise can be helpful and calming. If you have a smartphone, check out a free app called White Noise Generator that is available in the GooglePlay store. This app features sounds like rain, ocean waves, crickets, birds chirping, fans blowing and more. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- An interview with the head of the Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services about how to manage anxiety resulting from COVID-19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmJac_eTf8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2lofrAsP3A-iDTcJD0gaycfADIQ9krwNkBkEShspzEMYEak9xhuIVy6wc
- Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services: The Ohio Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services (ODMHAS) has information on their website on how to find support, including the use of telehealth services from your phone, tablet or computer: https://mha.ohio.gov/
- Shine's “Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety” site: This site was founded by a community committed to making support for mental and emotional health easy and accessible to all. Check it out at: https://www.virusanxiety.com/ @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>