Resources for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
COVID-19 ASL Video Collection: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have created a series of videos in American Sign Language that address COVID-19 topics including prevention tips, use of cloth face coverings, social distancing, managing stress and anxiety, how parents can support children, what older adults need to know, when to get medical care for COVID-19, how to manage COVID-19 at home, and more.
- Link to CDC’s American Sign Language video collection on COVID-19
Videoconferencing: Best Practices for Accessibility
- Yale University's Accessibility Best Practices for Zoom Meetings
- OCALI's Accessibility Features in Zoom
- The Job Accommodation Network's list of resources to help make teleconferencing accessible
Resources for Blindness and Low Vision
Making Videoconferencing Accessible: Resources compiled by American Federation for the Blind
- 5 Accessibility Actions You Can Take When You’re Moving Your Conference or Classes Online
- Meet Me Accessibly: A Guide to Zoom Cloud Meetings from a Blindness Perspective
- Zoom Accessibility FAQ
- Hot Keys and Keyboard Shortcuts for Zoom
Healthcare Support: National Braille Press
- Navigating Healthcare When All They Can See Is That You Can’t: Free ebook through August 31 (Note: You must select the free version from the drop-down menu, and then go through the checkout process).
iPhone Resources: National Braille Press
- Getting Visual Assistance with an iPhone: Free ebook through August 31
(Note: You must select the free version from the drop-down menu, and then go through the checkout process).
Food Access: National Braille Press
- Dinner Delivered: Accessible and Easy Ways to Receive Meals Direct to Your Door (Note: You must select the free version from the drop-down menu, and then go through the checkout process).
Word to EPub tool: Daisy Consortium
American Printing House for the Blind
- Ten COVID-19 Preparations to Do Right Now for Medically Complex Families
- COVID-10 Resources for Children with Special Health Care Needs from the Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>