Provider Job Opportunities
Opens a New Window. Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) help people with developmental disabilities lead more independent lives and participate more fully in their communities. This in-demand career offers rewarding job opportunities with flexible schedules in a wide variety of settings.
As a direct support professional, you support people in their day-to-day life and activities. This could include:
- Taking small groups of people into the community to volunteer or enjoy leisure activities
- Supporting a person with daily living skills such as cooking, housekeeping, transportation or other tasks
- Teaching skills that promote greater independence
- Encouraging a healthy lifestyle
- Helping a person identify their talents, interests, goals and abilities
- Connecting someone to opportunities or place in their community to develop relationships with others
- Providing job skills training or on-the-job support
Montgomery County has more than 630 certified providers—many of whom are hiring direct support professionals (DSPs) to work in residential, day support or employment settings. You can learn more about local providers, see current job openings by location, and submit your contact information at DSP Ohio Opens a New Window. (www.dspohio.org).Opens a New Window. Being a DSP can change your life and the life of the people you support.
What is a DSP? SEE What It's All About
This video explains the work of a Direct Support Professional (DSP) -- people who assist those with developmental disabilities in day-to-day activities. Watch our "What is a DSP?" video.